Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer Movie Rants

Share
I always enjoyed summer season. Lots of blockbuster movies and awesome box-office breaking shows. However, as much as i enjoyed 'Indiana Jones:Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' thoroughly, Robert Downey as 'Ironman' was excellent! and the fact that 'The Dark Knight' removed the myth that sequels aren't as good as its predecessor (Loved the Bats and Two face but joker stole the show!!). I guess after the last few summers of 'Transformers' , 'X-Men' , 'Spiderman' , '300' , 'Live Free or Die Hard' , 'Pirates of Caribbean' ....the list goes on and on and on, you can see why i feel like something has been missing this summer season. Not that im knocking the movies of summer 2008, i just feel like there arent ENOUGH of those types of 'blow you out of your mind' and 'stuck to your chair' kind of movies this year.

However, some movies have caught my attention and these future shows will hopefully wet my appetite in the months to come.

1) 'GI Joe' tops my list! Can't wait til Snake Eyes appears in his full black ninja armour glory. Just hope the story matches up to the characters to do them justice.
2) 'Watchmen'. Alan Moore's amazingly written comicbook comes to life. 3) 'Quantum of Solace'. Bond is back and the trailer looks great.
4) 'Terminator Salvation' Christian Bale as John Connor kicking cyborg @ss. Alright, that's it for now. I can't wait for my week off. Going to use it to plan for my next vacation :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails